Smaug the Tremendous
Originally uploaded by Fat Tony 1138
The gold foil on the pile works really well.
Oh yeah, it's a nice dragon too. Brilliant indeed.
1. the manner and ability with which an artist, writer, dancer, athlete, or the like employs the technical skills of a particular art or field of endeavor.
2. the body of specialized procedures and methods used in any specific field, especially in an area of applied science.
3. method of performance; way of accomplishing.
4. technical skill; ability to apply procedures or methods so as to effect a desired result.
5. Informal . method of projecting personal charm, appeal, etc.: He has the greatest technique with customers.
1810–20; < French: technical (adj.), technic (noun) < Greek technikós, techniká; see technic
I think this perfectly falls into the definition of technique. A method of building. Certainly it fall more into the definition than a simple connection; all too often LEGO builders (especially the types whom soley try to impress others) call the odd little connections that happen within a LEGO build, techniques. Certainly they can be such but Avalon, pictured here, shows an entire method of building with this technique.
It's well executed. It's attracive colours. It employs a nice shape. It's a novelty. Take heart Spacers and Train-heads, connectionless isn't about to usurp SNOT building.
Nice 'build' Seircon and Coral! Bravo, I enjoyed look at this probably as much as you had fun building it.